Frog Street Toddler/2's
Designed around the latest scientific early brain development research, this year-round program focuses on enhancing the simple joy of childhood while equipping caregivers to nurture curiosity through exploration. Frog Street Toddler, created by Dr. Pam Schiller, incorporates Dr. Becky Bailey’s Conscious Discipline® and includes 52 weeks of activity choices specifically created for children ages 18-36 months. Activity choices:
- Are organized around five developmental domains.
- Offer differentiated instruction options to meet the needs of all learners.
- Can be easily infused into daily routines, such as diaper changing, transitions, and outdoor play.
- Are designed with intention and purpose to move children forward in their development.
We believe that the Toddler stage is unlike any other. It is not only very busy, it is also filled with memorable milestones. You have probably discovered that your little one is like a sponge. They want to check things out for themselves. Discover. Develop new skills. Push their boundaries. Our teachers are here to encourage and assist them every step of the way.
Our Toddler classroom is designed to present a great balance of beginning cognitive and language skills along with social skill development. Within the classroom, there are centers where toddlers can develop their creativity, and expand their imagination. During this stage, our teachers encourage the child’s natural love of learning through exploration. We want them to see, touch and hear new things.
To properly accommodate child mobility, our Toddler Program has two separate classrooms, serving these approximate age groups:
• 12 months to 18 months
• 18 months to 24 months
SKC'S Comprehensive Communication Policy
In an effort to keep you informed and connected to every step of your child’s progress, we designed a comprehensive parental communication strategy:
• Every parent receives a monthly newsletter, informing you of what’s happening at SKC Early Education Centers.
• In addition, we provide a vivid picture of how your child is progressing through our quarterly reports, which chart your child’s growth and success.
• Formal parent-teacher conferences take place on an as-needed basis.
• You may visit your child at any time during the school day.